Welcome to this rudimentary CPSC 531 Web site! The purpose of this course is to learn the basics of systems modeling, discrete-event simulation, and computer systems performance evaluation. Throughout the course, lots of examples from different application domains will be used to illustrate the fundamental principles of modeling and simulation.
The official CPSC 531 calendar entry is available online. The CPSC 531 course information sheet is available here. Please ensure that you have the correct pre-requisites to take this course. Students without the proper pre-requisites cannot obtain credit for CPSC 531, even if they complete it successfully.
CPSC 531 lectures take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30am in MS 211.
- November 21, 2017: The final exam for CPSC 531 is at 3:30pm on Thursday, December 21 in MS 211.
- November 7, 2017: Assignment 4 is available now. It is due Friday, December 1, 2017 at 4:00pm.
- October 24, 2017: Don't forget the in-class midterm exam on Thursday, October 26.
- October 20, 2017: Assignment 3 is available now. It is due Friday, November 10, 2017 at 4:00pm.
- October 3, 2017: Assignment 2 is available now. It is due Friday, October 20, 2017 at 4:00pm.
- September 13, 2017: Assignment 1 is available now. It is due Friday, September 29, 2017 at 4:00pm.
- September 1, 2017: Preliminary version of CPSC 531 course materials are now available in D2L.
- August 28, 2017: Initial draft version of this CPSC 531 Web site launched. Yay!