xmld20 - an XML Schema for d20 gaming systems - testing, continued
You can grab the completed XSLT from last page here.
I've also whipped up another XSLT file, very
similar to that one, that makes an HTML page similar to the Monster Manual page
While piecing these two together, I found a lot of issues that we still
need to address:
And, in the macro functions:
- The Monster id tag is missing.
- Type should be called Kind
- HitDice is hard-coded to monster levels
- HitDice is hard-coded to the aboleth
- Initiative only accounts for Dex
- Speed is hard-coded to the aboleth
- Armor class ignores other bonuses
- BaseAttackAndGrapple is hard-coded to the aboleth
- Attacks don't deal with ranged attacks, touch attacks, etc.
- SpecialAttacks don't link to their later entry
- SpecialQualities are hard-coded to the aboleth
- SpecialQualities don't link to their later entry
- Saves are hard-coded to the aboleth
- D&D-specific values (Str) should not be elements, but attribute values of generic "Attribute"s.
- Attributes should have racial-bonus and base separated
- Feats should have effects built-in
- Environment is missing from the d20-xml spec
- Organizations should have range limits separated
- Organizations should have extras linked
- Challenge rating should perhaps be based on a formula, with adjustment
- Treasure should be broken up into different types
- Advancements should have range limits separated
- It's not ECL, it's level adjustment.
©2002-2017 Wayne Pearson
- AttackDamage assumes natural weapons
- NaturalDamage is hard-coded to the aboleth
- SkillPoints is hard-coded to the aboleth