- computer-human interaction
- interaction techniques
- dialogue design
- error management
- speech synthesis by computer
- articulatory modelling
- natural rhythm and intonation for synthetic speech
- acoustic phonetics
- lip sync for facial animation
- automatic speech recognition
- event-based approaches
- use of rhythm and intonation
- Consulting on research and development projects (government & industry)
- Technology transfer
- Peer review participant (e.g. ACM SIGCHI)
- Ongoing evaluation of topics related to the use of fluoride, especially in water fluoridation.
Current research activities
I am currently involved in writing up our text-to-speech work, and making the software and documentation available under a General Public Licence. I am also working on improvements to the quality of the speech output from the system, including improvements to the segmental and suprasegmental rules plus dictionary updates.
The work is part of an ongoing GNU project which you may visit using this link.
There are many ongoing sporadic activities in my various areas of interest, as opportunities arise.
Please email any comments or questions about this web site, especially
corrections and additions to
Professor David Hill
Page last updated 07-01-13.