Professor Ron Baecker, at the University of Toronto, will be
webcasting his CSCW lectures in parallel with our own over the epresence, a
system developed at the University of Toronto.
Note that you can participate in these lectures live (in
real time), or view the archive.
Logging in to a live EPresence talk
The URL that remote
users will use to access the class is
http://epresence.tv/mediacontent/website_live.aspx. Please log
in around 15 minutes before the event. Even if you have used ePresence
before, please perform the following checks BEFORE logging into the
- While I personally prefer the Windows media
player version, some epresence lectures may only be available in the REAL
Selecting and viewing an archived EPresence lecture
- To view Calgary archived talks:
- To view archived U Toronto talks:
- You will see a list of available talks. At that point, you can choose
what format you want to use to view the talk.
- I use WM (Windows Media), because:
- if you right click on the video window after it appears, you can play the
presentation at 1.5x normal speed. This seems about right for reviewing an
- if you right click on the video window, you have an option to 'zoom' the
video to full screen. You can then click the video to toggle back and forth
between small and full view.
- If you double click the slide, it will bring up a large window showing
the full sized slide. However, you must do this manually for each slide.
- Note that once you start the talk, you can skip over various slides to
see what you want using either the table of contents on the left side, or
the timeview on the bottom.
- Finally, some talks may have 'dead' bits at the beginning because
archiving was started before the talk began. Feel free to just skip over
those parts, usually by navigating to the first slide.