- Name: Syed Zain Raza Rizvi (Zain)
- Email Address: szrrizvi AT ucalgary DOT ca
- Office: ICT 625
- Supervisor: Philip Fong
- For more information, consult my Curriculum Vitae.
- Launched Here At UCalgary,
a podcast series focusing on students from the University of Calgary and learning about who they are.
- General Co-Chair for the
Security Researchers and Industry Experts Talks (SecRETs 2019). October 18th, 2019.
- Received the University of Calgary Doctoral Scholarship for 2019-2020.
- Received the Computer Science Department Teaching Award (TA) for CPSC 233 - Fall 2013.
- Software Engineer Internship at Facebook. May - July 2019.
- Received the Blended Instructional Skills Workshop certificate from Taylor Institute for Teaching & Learning. August 15 - 22, 2018.
- Received the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate (Doctoral) Scholarship for 2018-2019.
- General Co-Chair for the
Security Researchers and Industry Experts Talks (SecRETs 2018). May 7th, 2018.
- "Efficient Authorization of Graph Database Queries in an Attribute-Supporting ReBAC Model" poster presentation
at the Computer Science Showcase. April 10th, 2018.
- Read All
Designing a Programming Bootcamp for Non-Software Engineers
Mohammad Moshirpour, Robyn Paul, Zain Rizvi, and Hadi Hemmanti
Proceedings 2019 Canadian Engineering Education Association.
Comment: 21% Acceptance Rate (23/110) + 12 Short Papers.
Comment: 19% Acceptance Rate (22/115)
Comment: 29% Acceptance Rate (17/59)
- 2019-2020: University of Calgary Doctoral Scholarship
- Winter 2019: TA Excellence Award, 1st Year
- 2018-2019: Queen Elizabeth II Graudate (Doctoral) Scholarship
- 2017-2018: Queen Elizabeth II Graudate (Doctoral) Scholarship
- Winter 2017: Queen Elizabeth II Graduate (Doctoral) Scholarship
- 2016: PhD Research Award
- 2016: Fred A. McKinnon Teaching Award - Faculty of Science
- 2015: Graduate Research Award
- 2015: Alberta Graduate Student Scholarship
- 2014: Department Research Award
- 2014: Queen Elizabeth II Graduate (Master's) Scholarships
- Fall 2013: TA Excellence Award, 1st Year
- 2013: Queen Elizabeth II Graduate (Master's) Scholarships
- Here At UCalgary:
A podcast series focusing on students from the University of Calgary and learning about who they are.
- Attribute-Supporting ReBAC Model (AReBAC).
- Java Games Programming.
A series of Java programming tutorials motivated by simple video games development.
- Video Recording and Editing for
Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Science (PIMS) - University of Calgary.
Paolo Mancosu. Paradoxes of the Infinite: Classic Themes and Recent Results. Dec 5, 2018.
Jeremy Avigad. Philosophy of Mathematics as a Design Science. Mar 15, 2018.
Michael Bennett. Diophantine equations for fun (and profit?). Sep 21, 2017.
Emily Grosholz. Theory Reduction, Algebraic Number Theory, and the Complex Plane. Mar 16, 2017.
Mariel Lavieri. Managing Patients with Chronic Conditions. Feb 23, 2017.
Tamás Terlaky. Prison Guard’s Dilemma: Optimal Inmate Assignment by Multi-Objective MILO. Jan 10, 2017.
Rob Deardon. Bayesian study design for nonlinear systems: an animal disease transmission experiment case study. May 3, 2016.
Stewart Shapiro. Potential Infinity: A modal account. Mar 3, 2016.
Ronald Graham. Juggling Mathematics & Magic. Sep 17, 2015.
Steve Awodey. Univalence as a New Principle of Logic. Oct 2, 2014.
Edward Doolittle. Native American Mathematics. Sep 18, 2014.
- Margot Gerritsen. How Does Google Google? Jan 17, 2013.
Nicole Wyatt. Turing and Intelligent Machines. Dec 4, 2012.
Chris Waters. Alan Turing, the Politics of Sexual Science, and the Making of a Gay Icon. Nov 6, 2012.
Przemysław Prusinkiewicz. Alan Turing and the Patterns of Life. Oct 9, 2012.
- Ravi Vakil. Mathematics of Doodling. Oct 2, 2012.
- John R. Ferris. Alan Turing and Enigma. Mar 27, 2012.
Michael R. Williams. Turing's Real Machines. Feb 28, 2012.
Richard Zach. Alan Turing and the Decision Problem. Jan 24, 2012.
- OpenMRS-ReBAC - (Concluded)
- ReBAC Java Library - (Concluded)