Academic Homepage of Associate Professor Anthony Tang
Everything you ever wanted to know about me from 10 years ago.
(Yes, this is a joke. My real webpage is here.)
Circa 2005. Same great hair!
Associate professor at the Department
of Computer Science in the University of Calgary. Director of the HCITang lab.
|B.Sc (Computer Science, Psychology)||Simon Fraser University (1998)
|M.Sc (Computer Science)||University of Calgary (2003)
|PhD (Electrical and Computer Engineering)||University of British Columbia (2010)
Math Sciences 680
University of Calgary
2500 University Dr. NW
Calgary, Alberta Canada T2N 1N4
Research page: http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~tonyt/
Personal page: http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~tonyt/
- Human-computer interaction
- Computer-supported cooperative work
- Personal informatics
Awards and Honours
NSERC Discovery Grant (2012), NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship Award (2010), ACM CSCW 2010 Best Paper Nominee, ACM ITS 2009 Design Contest Winner, CHI 2009 Best Research Video Nominee.
- Aseniero, B. A., Carpendale, M. S. T., and Tang, A. (to appear). Deep Personalization in Tools for Reflection. In Personal Informatics in Practice: Improving Quality of Life Through Data Workshop at CHI 2012. Organized by Ian Li, Yevgeniy Medynskiy, Jon Froehlich, and Jakob Eg Larsen. (workshop)
- Grevet, C., Tang, A., and Mynatt, E. (to appear). Description of a Prototype for a Social Awareness System Used During Dinner. In Food and Interaction Design Workshop at CHI 2012. Organized by Rob Comber, Eva Ganglbauer, Jaz Hee-jeong Choi, Jettie Hoonhout, Yvonne Rogers, Kenton O'Hara, ane Julie Maitland. (workshop)
- Grossauer, C., Perteneder, F., Haller, M., Walny, J., Brosz, J., Tang, A., and Carpendale, M. S. T. (to appear). MathSketch: Designing a Dynamic Whiteboard for Instructional Contexts. In Educational Interfaces, Software and Technology 2012 workshop at CHI 2012. Organized by Edward Tse, Lynn V. Marentette, Syed Ishtiaque Ahmed, Alex Thayer, Jochen Huber, Max Mühlhäuser, Si Jung "Jun" Kim, and Quincy Brown. (workshop)
- Polleti, J., Baur, D., Tang, A., and Carpendale, M. S. T. (to appear). ECO|Balance - Exploring Design Issues for Mobile Persuasion. In Personal Informatics in Practice: Improving Quality of Life Through Data Workshop at CHI 2012. Organized by Ian Li, Yevgeniy Medynskiy, Jon Froehlich, and Jakob Eg Larsen. (workshop)
- Genest, A., Bateman, S., Gutwin, C., Tang, A. and Scott, S. (2012). Why Expressiveness Matters in Command & Control Visualizations. In CSCW 2012 Workshop on Collaboration and Crisis Informatics. Organized by Volkmar Pipek, Jonas Landgren, and Leysia Palen. (workshop)
- Neustaedter, C., Tang, A., and Judge, T. (in press). Creating Scalable Location-Based Games: Lessons from Geocaching. To Appear in Personal Ubiquituous Computing. DOI://10.1007/s00779-011-0497-7.
- Tang, A., and Boring, S. (to appear). #EpicPlay: Crowd-sourcing Sports Video Highlights. To Appear at CHI 2012. (conference)
- Tang, A., Massey, J., Wong, N., Reilly, D., and Edwards, W. K. (2012). Verbal Coordination in First Person Shooter Games. In Proceedings of 2012 Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative. pp: 579-582. (conference)
- Tang, A., and Irani, P. (2011). Interstitial Space in MDEs for Data Analysis. In Dexis 2011 Workshop on Data Exploration for Interactive Surfaces, at ITS 2011. Organized by Petra Isenberg, Sheelagh Carpendale, Tobias Hesselmann, Tobias Isenberg, and Bongshin Lee. (workshop)
Last updated: April 17, 2012