My Research Group: Serious Games Research Group
- Serious Games (computer games for training and educational purposes)
- Immersive Technologies (including virtual reality and eye-tracking technology)
- Artificial Intelligence (search and learning)
Undergraduate Research Opportunity for U of C Students
- Our summer research (May to Aug) application can be found here. Application for Summer 2024 starts in December 2023.
- Undergraduate students can take CPSC 502 - Research Project (Sep to Apr). Email me if you are looking for a supervisor and are interested in VR, HCI, AI, or games! (Sample student work)
- Wednesdays 2:30-4:30pm.
- Contact information: see university profile
- Researchers Active in Technical Games Research
- Academic Game Conference Deadlines
- Academic Lineage: The Mathematics Genealogy Project
- I am affiliated with the AI Research Hub at the University of Calgary
- How to write an email to a prof
- Oct 12, 2020: Video Games, AI, and Why You Should Study Both, What the Tech?
- Dec 19, 2022: How a Computer Game Helps High School Students Prepare for University, Arch Magazine.
- Nov 2, 2022: Video games can be fun but can they also help our brains and health?, CBC Radio.
- Sep 26, 2022: 'Gamifying' university survival skills, CityNews.
- Aug 26, 2022: Online games may reduce post-secondary peril for learning-challenged students, University of Calgary News.
- Dec 19, 2018: National Science Foundation funds 2-year study of Behrend engineering teams, Penn State News. Teaching
- Apr 17, 2020: Behrend professors use custom Zoom backgrounds to boost student engagement, Penn State News. Students
- Apr 17, 2018: Game on: Students Make Connections at Conference, Behrend News.
- Nov 14, 2017: Penn State Behrend gamers go the distance for good cause, Penn State News.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Computing Science, University of Alberta.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Computing Science, University of Alberta.
- Honours Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Computer Science - AI Specialization, University of Toronto.